Willow Grove Mill

Aka Hiestand’s / E. O. Sprenkle & Sons


Martin Shultz built the first mill here around 1740. Zachariah K. Loucks owned this mill in 1878. Elwood O. Sprenkle was the last to run the mill. The last run under waterpower was in 1942. Milling operations ended in 1963. Philip Mackley converted it into a restaurant in 1986. Today it operates as an event venue called the Stone Mill Inn.

https://www.stonemillinn.com

305 South Broad Street – Hallam, PA

Builtc1740
Structure3-Story Stone
Dimensions40 x 80
Water SourceKreutz Creek
TownshipHellam
TypeGrist
PowerOvershot, Turbine, Steam
Head14 feet
DispositionVenue