Aka Green Ridge Mills

There were three mills along the Codorus Glenville branch that were owned by Snyders. The information about these three mills were sometimes confused by the various sources.
The first mill in order of water flow is the Gordon S. Snyder mill which is still operating today in the village of Brodbecks. George Bear built a sawmill here in about 1825. George was the third son of Daniel Bear who received a patent from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1809. George sold the property to Emmanuel Heindel in 1872. The 1876 map still indicates there was a sawmill at this location. Emmanuel died intestate and, in 1892, his property descended to his daughters, Sarah and Elisia. Elisia was married to Titus S. Snyder.
T. S. Snyder converted the mill to a feed mill and sold poultry, dairy, and hog feeds under the brand name of “Green Ridge Mills”. The mill passed to Titus’ son Paul and his grandson Gordon S. Snyder in 1946. Paul died about a year later and G. S. Snyder gained full ownership of the mill. Today the mill is operated by Gordon’s son and daughter-in-law.
| Built | 1825 |
| Structure | 2.5-Story Stone/Frame |
| Dimensions | 35 x 75 |
| Type | Grist, Saw |
| Power | Overshot, Electric |
| Disposition | Business |
| SPOOM | PA-067-198 |
| Water Source | Codorus Creek (Glenville Branch) |
| Watershed | Codorus Creek |
| Township | Codorus |
| Location | 39.769758, -76.826365 |

