Small’s Codorus Mill

Aka York Flour Mills / Ardent Mills


Philip A. and Samuel Small built the first mill here in 1835 at the location of lock #3 on the Codorus Canal. P. A. & S. Small operated the mill for eighty years. The mill was last run under water power in 1945 when the dam was destroyed to improve water quality on the Codorus Creek. Today, operating as Ardent Mills, the mill has a capacity of 600,000 pounds of flour per day.

2800 Black Bridge Rd, York, PA.

https://www.ardentmills.com

1st mill 1835
Rebuilt1882
Structure4-Story Brick
Water SourceCodorus Creek
TownshipManchester
Power5 turbines
Head7 feet
Capacity (1945)500 bbl/day
DispositionFlour Mill